Non Standard Home Insurance
If you own a property with non standard features, structure, location, or circumstances then you will require a specialist non standard home insurance. Non standard home insurance will cover you for additional risks that are not included within a standard home insurance policy.
Generally most insurers are not willing to provide cover for some of these non standard home insurance risks and you will therefore need to approach a specialist insurer, such as Bluedrop Services.
Bluedrop cover a wide range of non standard home insurance policies, including:
- If your property is unoccupied for a consecutive period of 30 days or more we can provide coverage from 3 months upwards, depending on your individual circumstances.
- A second home, or holiday home will be subject to similar risks as an unoccupied property whilst the property is vacant, or will require additional coverage if it is leased to tenants.
- Properties constructed from non-standard materials and methods are open to additional risk, such properties include thatched or flat roofs and even Eco homes.
- If your home has experienced previous subsidence or is at risk of subsidence then specialist cover will be required should you need it.
- If your property and contents are of high net value then your property is non-standard and a specialist policy will need to be considered. Contents in these circumstances can include items such as fine art, jewellery, prestige cars and antiques, etc.
- A listed building requires upkeep using the same materials and methods traditionally employed, in addition to risks such as damp, drainage and decay.
- If you work from home then you will need an additional policy to insure your home office equipment and stock as well as additional options such as public liability and professional indemnity.
- If your property is located close to a watercourse or within a flood risk zone then you will require specialist insurance due to the increased risk of damage.
- Home insurance with unspent convictions or previous claims can be hard to find with a standard insurer. Bluedrop believe in insurance for all, no matter what your previous history may entail.
In addition to the above non standard home insurance policies, Bluedrop also cover non standard home insurance for properties with lodgers, properties undergoing building works or refurbishments, or even blocks of flats.
Contact us now to find out more and discuss your individual requirements.
Call our friendly team now for the right insurance cover - at the best price
01489 222 169
Calls recorded for training and quality.
It's about providing the solution that makes life easy for you, offers unbeatable value for money and is one you can put your trust in