Unoccupied Home Insurance
Bluedrop’s unoccupied home insurance is applicable for properties that are unoccupied for 30 days or more. If you require unoccupied home insurance for a set period of time then flexible options are available to cover different time periods of 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 12 months cover. Bluedrop can also cover a longer unoccupied time period if required.
You will require unoccupied home insurance to cover a multitude of circumstances including theft, flood and fire, as standard buildings and contents insurance will not cover the additional risks of an unoccupied property. Perhaps your work takes you away from home, or you have a second property at which you reside from time to time.
Your home could be undergoing renovation or refurbishment, awaiting probate or perhaps the owner is hospitalised or has been taken into care for a period of time.
A minimum level of security, such as locks on doors and windows, within your unoccupied property will be required. If your unoccupied home is undergoing extensive renovations or repairs then there may be some exclusions to the cover, such as damage caused by contractors which will be covered by their insurance.
Whatever your circumstances, Bluedrop can offer a policy to cover your individual circumstances and provide flexible unoccupied home insurance.
Our unoccupied home insurance includes...
Features and benefits:
- Protection against vandalism
- Cover for damage caused by emergency access up to £1000
- Cover for properties undergoing works, properties unoccupied due to deaths and properties unoccupied between rentals
- Up to £2 million property owners liability
- The cost of replacing and fitting the locks or lock mechanism of external doors and windows of the Home if the keys are lost or stolen anywhere in the world up to £500 value
Call +441489780491 for a home insurance quote and we'll find the right option for you...