+441489780491 Call our friendly team
  • Business Insurance from Bluedrop

    ...your first choice for advice and support

    Bluedrop Services are a specialist business insurance broker with cover to keep your business operating no matter what challenges lie ahead. Unsure what type of business insurance you need? We can help identify all of the relevant liabilities and insurance elements specific to your business niche.

  • Insurance that's right for your business...

    Finding the right level of business insurance can be vital in enabling full protection against unforeseen circumstances, covering costs that would be otherwise potentially crippling to a business. From possible compensation and legal fees to recovery of buildings and contents.

    Business insurance is one of the most effective ways to maintain a stable, safe workplace and income stream. Any form of unanticipated crisis can threaten your business at any time and in some cases even leave your business with no option other than to cease trading until you are back up and running. In this situation business interruption insurance will cover you for any lost revenue until you are back on your feet.

    You and your employees have invested considerable time, energy and commitment into your business, which is why you need cover that is flexible and can be tailored to your individual needs giving you peace of mind quickly and stress-free.

    We are here to ensure that your business survives through any hardship with business insurance options including; liability insurances, business contents insurance, business interruption, shop insurance, tradesman insurance, fleet and Landlord insurance.

    What type of business insurance do you need?

    The types of business insurance cover that you need will depend upon your business focus. Perhaps you employ staff, or there is a chance a member of public could be injured as a result of your products or have an accident onsite. You may have buildings, contents, equipment or stock to consider, or perhaps your business gives advice or a professional service that customers rely on.

    Whether you are a sole trader, self-employed or running a small or large business there will be many different aspects to consider. As a business owner, if you employ people, you are legally required to take out employers' liability insurance of which we automatically cover up to £10 million. Professional indemnity is also required by law for professions such as lawyers, accountants and financial advisors. Any additional cover that you take out to protect your business is optional.

    Here are some examples of the more popular forms of business insurance:

    Commercial Insurance

    As a commercial business, there are some legal requirements in terms of insurances, and other non-mandatory business insurance options that may be recommended to protect your company depending on the type of business that you run.

    Business Buildings Insurance
    If you have business premises then an insurance policy will be required to protect against risks such are fire, storm damage, flooding and escape of water. If you are a tenant and rent your premises then the landlord will be responsible for insuring the building, unless the business has a shop front.

    Business Contents Insurance
    If your business relies on expensive contents such as equipment or stock then you will also need a business contents insurance policy. When business assets such as office furniture, laptops, machinery, kitchen equipment, or print presses for example, aren't insured then you can risk the ability to continue trading should these items not be insured.

    Business Interruption Insurance
    Business interruption is an additional item of business insurance to consider which covers any loss of income during the period it takes you to get your business back up and running following disaster. Without this cover many businesses find they are unable to re-open following incidents of business interruption as loss of revenue can be crippling to business.

    Tradesman Insurance
    If you are a self-employed tradesman you will need a specialist business insurance to cover specific risks which are inherent in such conditions as well as insuring your tools, etc.

    Contractors All Risks Insurance
    If you are a tradesman carrying out work on a contract site then as part of your business insurance you will need Contract Works Insurance. This will protect your work in progress as well as liabilities, property, tools, plant and equipment.

    JCT Insurance
    Joint Contracts Tribunal Insurance outlines the responsibilities of the employer and the contractor on projects within the construction industry. Where incidents occur and negligence cannot be proven, damage or injury to third parties would not be covered by normal public liability insurance and so JCT Insurance is required to cover this scenario.

    Shop Insurance
    If you own a shop then you will need to get the right business insurance to cover your needs. From accidental damage and theft to fire and flooding. There are several standard insurances that are included as well as some additional specialist options that may be relevant to your shop.

    Liability Insurances

    Businesses have many liabilities and responsibilities and need to protect against the possibility of costly and time-consuming litigation. Most businesses need some level of liability insurance cover demonstrating that you are a respectable business who takes health and safety and responsibility seriously.

    Employer's Liability Insurance
    Employer's Liability Insurance is a legal requirement for those businesses that employ staff. This form of business insurance protects against employees being injured or falling ill at work or because of work.

    Public Liability Insurance
    If your business encounters members of the public then this insurance is needed to protect against compensation claims for injury or damage. Some client contracts may even require a specific level of public liability insurance.

    Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
    D&O Insurance protects you from being sued or suffering losses from acts of negligence by an employee. It offers financial support and defence against potential investigations into the behaviour of executives and the way the business is managed.

    Professional Indemnity Insurance
    If your business offers a professional service or gives advice to other businesses then you may need this from of business insurance. Some clients may require that you have this form of insurance before doing business with you, professions such as business consultants, accountants, architects, IT professionals, real estate and medical professionals are commonly affected.

    Motor Fleet Insurance

    Motor Fleet Insurance is also a legal requirement and Business Fleets are no exception. If your business operates a fleet of vehicles from as little as three to 500+ you can get motor fleet insurance all under one policy at a cheaper rate and with more convenience. Even if you operate a grey fleet, where employees use their own vehicles for business use, you will need business insurance to cover you for this.

    Landlord Insurance

    If you rent a property either as a Landlord for business or as a tenant for business use then you will need Landlord Insurance. This will be arranged by the Landlord unless the building has a shop front. Landlord Insurance can also include cover for loss of earnings from forced closure in disaster or if you can't find a tenant for a period.

    Get your business insurance quote online now. We specialise in small business insurance and our experts at Bluedrop will help you find the best cover tailored to suit your needs at the best price.

  • Call our friendly team now for the right insurance cover - at the best price


    Calls recorded for training and quality.

  • It's about providing the solution that makes life easy for you, offers unbeatable value for money and is one you can put your trust in

    Doug Kelley
    Managing Director